Monday 13 May 2019

Enchantment, Dragons and Butterflies


Greetings Everyone ;-)

I wasn't sure if I was going to do a post this week, but after visiting Enchantment I felt inspired!

I've been spoilt recently with amazing places to go and things to see in the fantasy realm within Second Life!

This week the new round of Enchantment - 'The Iron Thrones' based on Game of Thrones - opened, which I think is a quarterly event (don't quote me on this though ;-)) and one that's definitely worth visiting if you like all things fantasy.

Slight confession here, I've never watched a single episode of Game of Thrones! I know I'm one of the very few in this world who hasn't succumbed to the charms of this fantastical saga and considering I'm so in to fantasy I know this must sound odd, but when I first cottoned on to it it was in its third season and I hate trying to play catch up, so I haven't started watching.
I can still appreciate the aesthetics though and it's nice to see what the creators have made to go along with the theme.
As always at these marvellous events, there's a huge amount to tempt lindens from you, furniture and clothes, skins, animals and of course the Gatcha machines! I was good though and pretty much kept my linden balance intact, although, coughs, I did have to play the dragon Gatcha a couple of times! And I almost, almost, bought one of the Teegle Animesh Unicorns but I decided to put it on my growing list of 'Things I'd Love to Have' when Laminak is open. The 'list' such as it is, isn't huge, more like a little promise to myself that's spurring me on to continue with my studies and mesh building ;-)
 Speaking of mesh, what have I been up to this week?
Well, I started to make a chair to go with my desk (which I added a picture of in my last blog) but it's almost like I have too many ideas for what I want to build and instead of creating a suitable seat I twisted myself in knots and in the end I decided to put it to one side for a while.
Instead, I thought I'd have a go at making an ornament, something simple and easy to do so that I didn't get disheartened. Three days later! I finally finished and I now know I could have made it quicker! but hey, this is all a learning curve and I'll make the necessary adjustments to lessen the land impact for when it's in the store. I won't reveal the whole item, I want the store's wares to be a surprise but here's yet another sneak peek ...
I guess that's it for now if you would like to visit Enchantment please check out their website (link below) or join the group in world.
Hope you all have a fab week!
Love and hugs as always ;-)
Casey
xxxx

https://enchantmentsl.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.