Sunday 11 October 2020

Samhain Event And New Store

 

Happy Samhain! & Greetings to you all.

Although it's a few weeks off before Samhain, it's never too early to start preparing for it, in my opinion anyway, hahaha. 

Halloween is one of, if not THE most, favourite holiday for me, so I've been truly blessed to have been invited and accepted to so many events for it. 

'Samhain' is the pagan origin of Halloween and the creators of the event wanted us all to go back to it, they explain the concept far better than I ever could so here is a link to their website:

https://sollemneinfernum.com/

And here is a link to a video Cassie Middles did about it:

https://youtu.be/Q1WTE8KhyV4

I wanted to create edibles, to offer to the spirits, and for all those witches, wizards, ghouls, ghosts, vampires, and everyone else you can think of out there to enjoy during the holiday festivities. There are three items that can be bought individually or as a fat pack.

The first is a Pumpkin Pie vendor, with male or female animations, the pie offers you a piece of pie and a spoon to wear, again for male or female.

The second is a pan of 'Brew', complete with floating fruit and a goblet. The pan offers a male or female goblet with animations.

And the third is a plate of 'Soul' cakes. These are to offer to spirits as they pass your home, but there's no harm if you have a few while you party ;-) This also offers a cake to eat with male and female animations.

There is a display of all three in the event area of the store if you can't get to the event.
All three are original mesh with materials enabled, and 1-3Li each.

The actual event space is incredible! so even if you don't want to shop it's worth going to marvel at it! it sent shivers down my spine when I first saw it!

Ok, speaking about the event area of the store, we've moved, again! hopefully for the last time in a while!
The old store was on mainland, and although, when I first set it up it was empty and relatively lag-free around me, people moved in, and sadly, I ended up with the same problem I had in the original store. Too much going on on the ground and it was lag central!

A friend asked a little while ago if I'd be interested in getting a homestead with her for our stores but at the time the new land was ok, so I said no as I'm lazy! and didn't want to move again, but when the buildings started to pile up around me, and the lag increased, I asked her if she was still interested, and she was, so we did it!!

The homestead we're on is called Shadowfell, and although it might look very similar to the old store and almost as if it's 'empty' again as I've stretched things out a bit, it's lag-free, looks beautiful and I have lots of room to grow. :-) 
So, if you get a chance, pop over for a look at the new Laminak/Godmod store, the LM is in my pics in-world, or just search Shadowfell on the world map. 

I think that's it for now. I'm building for one more 'Halloween' type event at the moment and I've got 2 other events in November to start making for so I'll be busy but I'll add all the details on here when they happen ;-).

Huge hugs to you all, stay safe out there.
Love
Casey
xxxx















No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.