Sunday 14 April 2019

Artistic Challenges

Wall Decor in 2013
I seem to have had a bit of a frustrating, but at the same time fun, kind of week!

I started off the week trying to decide if I should make the desk for the reception display or if I should get the frame made for signs. I ended up deciding to make the frame and got a little bit carried away making art for the store in the process!

So why was it fun and frustrating? 

Ok, well, I am acutely aware that I should only use pieces of art, and images in general, that are in the public domain for the items in my store, and as I think it adds to the room set-up's to have some paintings on the walls, even if nobody else wants them, I wanted to create newer versions.

When I joined Second Life, I don't think many creators, myself included, really thought about this and there was a heck of a lot of images in world that, thinking about it now, would have broken all the rules for copyright: more information on this can be found in the links below, if you're interested.

As I want to have a different 'look' for the store this time around I started the process of finding new pieces of art that I could legitimately use, which was both 'fun' and 'frustrating', as I found a LOT of pieces that I truly loved, and some that I loved that 'looked' old, only to find out after checking and re-checking each piece, that they weren't usable, and I miserably consigned the pieces to the recycle bin.

After 3 days of trawling numerous museum and art gallery collections of public domain art, I finally had a folder of images that I liked, and knew I'd be ok to use, and I started the process of making the mesh frames to put them in, as well as the frame that started the whole picture hunt in the first place, the one for the store ...


I'm still working on the easel, and I've lost count how many frames I've started, binned and restarted this week! I've finally got one I think is ok, for now anyway, there's every chance I'll change my mind again when I get nearer to the store opening though! And the main reason for this, because I'm really not that flaky normally, is because the frames I really want to make are turning out to be too high in land impact .... :-( ....



Photo by Leah Kelley from Pexels

I want to make frames like the ones in the image above, but for now, I'm having to settle for much much less, and it's seriously frustrating, because I have it in my mind how the store will look and it's proving to be almost impossible if I want to keep the LI totals in check. 
Until I can figure this out, and so that I can tick this off the list and get on with other things, I've compromised and will revisit this when I get the chance. 
For now though, here is, yet again :-) a sneak peek at some of the new frames I've created with the 'I-don't-need-to-worry-about-any-copyright infringement-lawsuits!' artwork that I've found :-)

I guess that's it for another week, time to get the Vodka and Diet Coke out and pour myself a glass of well-earned refreshment I think!

Hope you've all had a fab week!
Love and hugs, as always :-)
Casey
xxxx

DMCA Info:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.