Sunday 7 April 2019

Meshing About


When I started learning mesh in January this year I made the decision to concentrate on creating things for the store whilst I honed my skills and hopefully: fingers, toes and everything else crossed!  by the time I'd finished building all the things I wanted for the new store I'd have the ability to finally move on to creating the actual items for the store.

Thankfully, I'm almost there now. I've built many things and although most have been consigned to the recycle bin! I have finished, and more importantly, I'm happy with, certain items that I'm not embarrassed to share with you all ;-)

I wanted there to be a display rather than a traditional reception as visitors entered the store (mainly because it's not a modern store), but it still had to be a place for me to put the social media links, group gifts, information, redelivery terminals and anything else I wanted. I think I've managed to do that, along with the image at the top of this blog, here's a sneaky peak .....



There is, of course, more to see but I have to keep some things a surprise ;-)

I then moved on to how things are sold in SL in 2019. When I first had a store, or even went shopping for myself, you right clicked and bought a copy of the object, direct from the object. I moved on to selling items from boards when I moved to the Xpose engine as I needed to give out notecards and other things with the items of furniture. Everything is now sold via little swing labels, mesh lettering and small ad boards, which actually looks really cute, so I've crafted 2 versions of my labels, one you can see below, the other I'll again keep secret till my store's open ;-)



**You might just be able to see the small watermark image at the bottom of the tag, and in the background of the display images above, it's actually Henry viii's crest with a few changes (I've changed the colours slightly and added on the Union Jack flag and the Manchester Bee). I'm a little obsessed with Tudor history! which is why I've chosen to have it as part of my new store advertising and I think it gives more of a feel as to what my store is about**

There's another really special change to how things are sold in SL now and that's the packaging. No longer do you just get a folder in your inventory or a copy of the ad board from the store (not that there's anything wrong with that), I've had some seriously lovely boxes to open when I've bought things recently ;-) and I wanted to create something special for my customers too. I thought about keeping this secret but hey, where's the fun in that? ;-) I have a few variations for the different sections of the store, this is just one, but here you go, the store packaging for 'Laminak' 2019.
Finally, I wanted to create some special items for my store, things that I've had in my head for a long time and didn't want to worry about the land impact on. One of these 'items' was an ornate, wrought iron lantern for the front entrance. I'm still working on this but again, here is a sneaky peek ;-) ...




Well, that's it for now ;-)
I've set up a Facebook page, and Flickr account for Laminak, so if you want to follow the store even before it's open feel free to add or like, links are down below.
Thanks for reading, and as always, sending you all huge hugs!
Much love,
Casey
xxxxx

Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/Laminak-2376884759254965

Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/laminaksl/


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.