Thursday 14 January 2021

2020 Recap & Hopes for 2021

Greetings Everyone, and Happy New year!

What a terrible year 2020 was ;-( 

If you have been personally affected by the coronavirus, my heart, sincerely, goes out to you. I hope you're ok and I'm sending lots of love and hugs your way x

For those who are struggling, please ask for help, you're not alone. Life can be hard at the best of times but it always improves. Never give up, please speak with people - friends, family, the next-door neighbour, your teacher, work friends, anyone! the more you speak the less the burden becomes and there will, I promise, be someone who knows exactly how you're feeling and can, if nothing else, sympathise with you.

Even someone like me, a self-confessed hermit! is finding there are days when I just want to go out and see people, places, things, maybe a trip to the theatre or the shops! It's not easy, but the world will change back to something resembling 'normal' in time and we'll all wonder how we got through it. But get through it we will, and as I've said in previous blogs, I'm thankful 'Second Life' is a place we can go and mingle, be normal, laugh, dance and play without the worry of catching something deadly!

Anyway, 2021 brings a fresh year, fresh starts, new opportunities, and although I don't often look back at things, I prefer to try to look forward, I wanted to do a little recap of Laminak's first year back in-world ;-).

In November 2019 I created a blog called 'The One For Nostalgia' 

Blog Link: https://laminaksl.blogspot.com/2019/11/the-one-for-nostalgia.html

In it, I said that although the store was pretty much empty (which it was) I had at last created one. Then in January of 2020 I finally, after a whole year of learning mesh, loaded the first Laminak creation on Marketplace.

Well, since then, so so much has happened! I moved Laminak to a homestead, with another creator - Aliah from God Mod and Limehouse.

This was my first store ...

And the photo at the top of the blog is how my store looks 12 months later.

Over these last 12 months, I've managed to get Laminak into the main, regular, fantasy-type sales events which I'm so grateful for that, and I'm really looking forward to taking part in them all this coming year.

My marketplace store, although somewhat neglected in 2020 as I ploughed on with in-world events, has been fully updated now with almost everything from the store. There are some things in the store that aren't on Marketplace (mainly lighting) but I'm happy with how it looks ;-)

So what plans are there for 2021, for Laminak? 
I have more hopes than plans really, I want to be able to buy my own sim by the end of this year! which I know is a big 'hope' but I'm putting it out to the universe anyway ;-)
I hope Laminak is accepted to Fantasy Faire again! I loved being a part of it last year.
I hope I get to meet up with more of you this year, it's been so nice to have the odd chat with some of you ;-)
Mainly, I hope 2021 sees the end of the virus and all those who read this stay well and find some happiness and peace with friends and family.

I guess that's it for now ;-)
Sending love and hugs to you all
Casey
xxxx


Laminak Main Store Slurl:
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Shadowfell/136/87/48





 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.